A New Framework for OLA's Key Strategies
In the winter of 2016, OLA embarked on a robust strategic planning effort through a process that engaged members, staff, divisional councils, board members, partners and leading voices in the library field. A Strategic Planning Advisory Committee of the Board provided guidance and oversight into the planning process. The broad consultation culminated in a new mission and vision, as well as new strategic plan to guide OLA's priorities and energies over the next three years.
Leading and inspiring the growth and innovation of the library and information services sector.
We empower our members in the library and information services sector to build informed, participatory, and inclusive communities through:
The OLA Strategic Plan is illustrated below. The launching pad for our plan includes our mission, our values, and our notable history.
Our Strategic Priorities will guide our actions until 2020:
- Focusing member services across diverse career paths.
- Influencing policy and demonstrating value.
- Building evaluation and research capacity.
- Addressing the unique needs of rural, remote and indigenous communities.
- Enablers: People, Technology, and Fundraising.
Download a complete copy of OLA's Strategic Plan.
Download a copy of OLA's Year 1 Tactics.