By-Law No. 6
BE IT ENACTED as a By-Law of the ONTARIO LIBRARY ASSOCIATION as follows:
- The name of the division herein constituted shall be the Ontario Library and Information Technology Association, a Division of the Ontario Library Association and shall hereinafter be referred to as the "Division" and the Ontario Library Association shall be referred to herein as the "Corporation".
- The object of the Division is:
- To advance the planning, design, development, application and integration of technology in the library and information environment;
- To examine the impact of emerging technologies on library service;
- To investigate the effect of automated technologies on people.
The Division shall promote:
- dissemination of information
- interdisciplinary communication
- development of appropriate standards
- monitoring of new technologies
- development of models for library systems and networks.
- The affairs of the Division shall be managed by the duly elected Council in a manner consistent with By-Law No. 1.
- The composition of the Council shall be:
- The Past-President
- The President
- The Vice-President
- Six Councillors-at-Large
- Executive Director (non-voting)
provided that each of the foregoing, except for the Executive Director, are personal members in good standing of the Division at the time of their election and throughout their term of office.
- The Vice-President shall serve the first year after election as Vice-President, the second year as President, the third year as Past-President.
- Each councillor shall serve for the term of three years. One third of the council shall be retired annually.
- A Secretary shall be chosen by the Council from the Councillors-at-large each year.