OLA Travel Subsidies
The OLA Board of Directors has established a modest travel fund to ensure members of the association have opportunities to participate in OLA programs despite geographical barriers.
The fund is to cover travel costs, that would normally exceed $500. Some exceptions may apply and are at the discretion of the OLA board to approve.
Disbursement is not to exceed $1,400. The annual number of disbursements to recipients will vary and are based on the annual budget situation of the association.
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for a travel subsidy:
- The applicant lives in Ontario and from an area where travel to the OLA event is costly and exceeds $500.
- Please provide an estimate of travel expenses that exceed $500 with your application.
- You must be a current member of OLA.
- The travel subsidy cannot have been previously awarded to the applicant.
- A member may receive the subsidy only once.
- The member's workplace or organization must be unable to cover the cost of travel.
Upon meeting the above conditions, the recipient is selected by random draw. OLA will provide complimentary registration to the OLA event to further offset costs. The recipient may arrange for direct billing through OLA, or initially cover costs and submit all receipts for reimbursement.
Recipients must consider reporting or communications about the event attended such as:
A report to their local organization
A submission to an OLA publication
Online correspondence, etc.
The means of reporting is at the discretion of the recipient.
Send an email to email@example.com
With the following information:
- The OLA event you wish to attend
- Please apply a minimum of four weeks in advance of the event
- Complete contact details
- An estimate of travel expenses
A confirmation by email will be sent once all items are received.