OLA Travel Subsidies
With the budget cuts to OLS-N OLA will be offering a travel stipend for $325 to populations serving under 7,000 for rural, remote and Indigenous communities. The travel fund is $4,000, which includes $3,000 for the North and $1,000 from the South. OLA will be offering this travel stipend to 9 recipients from the North and 3 recipients from the South. Recipients will be selected using a random number generator.
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for a travel subsidy:
- The applicant must be from a rural, remote or Indigenous community serving a population under 7,000.
- You must be a current member of OLA.
- The travel subsidy cannot have been previously awarded to the applicant.
- A member may receive the subsidy only once.
- The member's workplace or organization must be unable to cover the cost of travel.
Upon meeting the above conditions, the recipient is selected by random draw. OLA will provide complimentary registration to the OLA event to further offset costs. The recipient may arrange for direct billing through OLA in the amount of $325, or initially cover costs and submit all receipts for reimbursement.
Recipients must consider reporting or communications about the event attended such as:
1. A report to their local organization
2. A submission to an OLA publication
3. Online correspondence, etc.
The means of reporting is at the discretion of the recipient.
Complete the online application form
and provide the following information:
- The OLA event you wish to attend
- Please apply a minimum of four weeks in advance of the event
- Complete contact details
- An estimate of travel expenses