2020 OCULA Spring Conference
OLA is pleased to host a number of professional development events throughout the spring and summer each year, planned thoughtfully by our members and supported by our staff. Given the current status of COVID-19 and following a thorough internal risk assessment, OLA has elected to cancel the 2020 OCULA Spring Conference - Active Participants: Experiential Learning in Libraries. For more details on upcoming OLA events and virtual professional development, visit our COVID-19 and OLA Events page.
Active Participants: Exploring Experiential Learning in Libraries
Location: iSchool Inforum
Continuing Education Certificate credits: 3
For the OCULA Spring Conference 2020, we invite library workers and instructors from all sectors to join us for "Active Participants: Experiential Learning in Libraries."
This conference will explore how both academic and public libraries can provide accessible, experiential learning opportunities to our diverse communities.
Conversations and activities will address questions around how libraries can:
- Embed experiential learning in the classroom and public library programs;
- Provide experiential learning opportunities in the workplace;
- Make experiential learning accessible to all learners through technology;
- Facilitate experiential learning in non-traditional library spaces; and
- Collaborate with community partners to develop novel experiential learning opportunities.
Call for Lightning Talk Proposals
We are now accepting proposals for 7 minute Lightning Talks. Submit today!
This year's OCULA Spring Conference will also feature an Experiential Learning Marketplace. If you are interested in exhibiting at this event, please contact email@example.com.
OLA Member: $125
Student / Job Seeker / First Nations Public Library Staff: $50