OLITA Project Award
The Ontario Library and Information Technology Association (OLITA) Project Award recognizes a project that demonstrates leadership in the application of technology to benefit library users, enhance library operations, and extend partnerships. The award is presented annually at the OLITA AGM during the OLA Super Conference.OLITA appreciates the support of OCLC Canada
for their sponsorship of the OLITA Project Award, which includes a trip to the CLA Conference (at OCLC’s expense) to present the project at the annual OCLC / CLA Symposium.
- Nominations must be for a project and not an individual.
- Nominations may be made by the library representative or by others.
- All projects must be operational by the close of the nomination period.
- Libraries must be operating within the province of Ontario.
Please download the nomination form
for inclusion with your nomination package & information on the submission process.
Please send your nomination package to email@example.com
The nomination package should include evidence to support the nomination, potentially including but not limited to:
Nomination packages may include:
- Examples of how the candidate project meets the award criteria.
- Screenshots, screencasts, or documentation that provides evaluators with an understanding of the project.
- Letters of support from beneficiaries of the project (maximum of 5).
- Quantitative and/or qualitative measures of the impact of the project.
Nominees who are not selected may be re-nominated in subsequent years with the submission of updated documentation.
Nominations are accepted until November 1st each year for presentation at the Super Conference the following January/February.
Projects will be judged on the following criteria:
- Problem solving;
- Contribution to the library community.
In the event that no nominations of sufficiently outstanding achievement are received, the award will not be presented that year.
To view current recipients
To view past recipients