School Libraries Multimedia Contest
The OSLA wants to know why your school library is important.
Create a multimedia presentation and enter it in the OSLA’s School Libraries Matter Multimedia Contest. This creation will be used to promote school libraries! In October, we celebrated International School Library Month and the OSLA wants to showcase the work of Ontario’s school libraries. You and your students could win exciting prizes.
The winners of the 2016 School Libraries Matter Multimedia Contest are:
First Place Secondary School Library:
Lord Dorchester Secondary School Library
Thames Valley District School Board
First Place Elementary School Library:
Agnes Macphail Public School
Toronto District School Board
Thank you to those who entered!
Here are some suggested steps to take
Decide on an audience: students, parents, teachers, administrators, government, community, the World.
Possible themes (or one you come up with):
Your Multimedia Project may be a:
- The learning in the library is out of control...
- The most amazing book in the library.
- The most important spot in our library is...
- They shut down the school library...
- The library is our inspiration
- Making in the the library
- The library is for everyone
- Your choice! Be as creative as you wish!
- Photo story
- Slide Show
- Photo Collage
- News Report
- Participating schools must have a staff member liaison who is a current member of OSLA
- One winner per division: elementary (K - 6), intermediate (7 - 8), secondary (9 - 12)
- Signed media release forms for participants required (these may be covered under your board media release forms - check to be sure, as products will be shared by OSLA online)
- You must upload your video or submit your file or a link that can be accessed, linked to and promoted by the OSLA
- Submissions must have cleared copyright on any third party content
- Submission leads must be current OLA members.
Winner in each division:
Grand Prize Package
1 free registration for your school in the Forest of Reading® for the upcoming calendar year
A selection of 10 Forest of Reading books for your division ($150 value including shipping)
Please note: Prizes cannot be exchanged for monetary value.
Watch winning entries from last year's Video Contest