The Forest of Reading needs volunteers to make these programs a success. Being a part of one of the committees is an exciting opportunity that you can thoroughly enjoy.
Note: All people applying to volunteer must be OLA members, with the exception of Festival Volunteers and Kid and Teen Committee members. All those wishing to be on the Selection Committee must be public or school librarians or have book-selecting experience.
- Selection Committee: The volunteers that select the books for the nominated lists.
- Steering Committee: The volunteers that work with the authors, publishers and Forest of Reading staff once the lists are nominated.
- Festival Volunteer: The volunteers that work with OLA staff to successfully put on the Festivals in Toronto and other satellite locations.
- Kid Committee: Readers in the Forest select a summer recommended reading list for those in Grades 4 to 8
- *NEW* Teen Committee: Readers in the Forest select a summer recommended reading list for those in high school (accepting applications in late March)